Clerk to Governors
School Name: Ernesettle Community School
School Address: Biggin Hill, Ernesettle, Plymouth, PL5 2RB
Date Posted: September 4, 2017
Job Type: Part Time Permanent
Salary / Grade: Salary £16,781 - £18,070 pro rata
Application Closing Date: Friday 15th September 2017
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Clerk to Governors
Salary: £16,781 - £18,070 Pro rata
Contract: Part time 8 hours per fortnight TTO (156 hours per annum)
Start date: as soon as possible
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th September 2017
We wish to appoint an organised, flexible and reliable Clerk to the Governing Body to provide high quality support to our Members, Trustees and Local Advisory Board. As Clerk to Governors, you would be required to attend approximately 18 meetings a year of the boards, as well as advising the Governors on matters of procedure, maintaining policies and records. Some meetings will take place in the evening.
The essential requirements for this post are:
- The need to respect confidentiality.
- Very good ICT skills.
- The ability to produce concise, accurate minutes.
- Excellent communication and correspondence skills to liaise with all stakeholders.
We are expecting the 8 hours a fortnight to be completed across two days, with one of the two days being completed on site. The working hours of the day on site per fortnight will be dependent on meeting times.
The successful candidate will:
- be enthusiastic, driven and committed to ensuring the school's future success
- provide effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees through a working knowledge of the Clerking Competency Framework, the Governance Handbook and Governance Competency Framework.
- be able to work as part of large, friendly and supportive team
- have the skills and sensitivity to deal with all members of our community and multi-agency partners
- be a life-long learner and an inspiration to others.
Please note that English and Maths A* - C or equivalent is required for this role and certificates will need to be produced at interview.