Seeking a production planner to join a growing team in the St Austell area. Production planners are responsible for the planning and smooth running of production. Planning in a manufacturing company, they draw up schedule of work from inbound to out bound supply, this schedule contains details of the products required to be produced on a daily basis along with capacity and cost control. Production planners are responsible for making sure the schedule is followed during production, through to dispatch. They receive regular information on progress and will adjust the plans to respond quickly to any problems, such as shortage of staff, materials and machinery breakdowns.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Daily maintaining of all production plans / specifications
- Update of production plans and re-issue to site wide teams.
- Control of customer specifications.
- Review daily stock position to ensure plans have been completed and stock levels are correct.
- Responsible for clear and accurate documentation into factory and to Customer.
- Review and challenge Production performance against plan.
- KPI Management and reporting
- Collation and update of delivery schedule
- Use of planning systems through Excel and SAP.
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain
Duties will include:
- Preparation and issue of documentation into the factory.
- Preparation and issue of documentation to customers.
- Daily communication to discuss operational performance.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Work alongside the Planning Manager and other site wide heads of departments to ensure best use of capacity and cost control.
- Ensuring that standards for all specifications and customer requirement are observed.
- Is accurate, pays attention to detail and ensures tasks are completed on time and are the right tasks for the business.
- Responds positively to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain effective performance.
- Knowledge of factory systems (P1400. SAP, PDB)
- Knowledge of site specifications.
- Maintain effective performance.
- able to use and understand in house IT based systems and SAP
- Various ad hoc tasks that are not necessarily linked to this role may be required (This may include support within other functions outside of the planning department)