Marketing & Events Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (Plus pension contribution) dependent on experience
Duration: 1 year contract
Join an ambitious and exciting biomedical company at the forefront of technological advances within the fertility field. Based in the stunning coastal setting of Falmouth, Cornwall, RI's reach extends to all four corners of the globe selling its products in over 100 countries. We offer a stimulating, collaborative and innovative working environment and also the peace of mind that the job you will do can make a difference in helping couples to fulfil their dreams of starting a family.
RI is part of the CooperSurgical group, a prominent provider of women's healthcare solutions.
Research Instruments Ltd (RI) requires an experienced graduate to undertake the role of Marketing & Events Manager. We are looking for a person who is not only very organised but can also tap into their creative side. You are comfortable drafting copy one day, supported by our content specialist and team, and the next day you will be organising a workshop or our attendance at an international conference. You have experience in event management and feel happy inputting ideas into communication projects. You will be someone who can move seamlessly from event logistics or copywriting to communicating with our customers and supporting the Marketing Director. The ideal person for this role will have a strong marketing experience and be a team player. You will be highly organised, a good communicator with the ability to identify new industry angles and trends in order to create exciting workshops or pieces promoting our products on these themes.
- Manage, co-ordinate and execute a series of worldwide events, training sessions, speaker programmes and workshops in collaboration with other team members including other event managers and sister companies
- Create inspiring copy as part of the marketing communications plan in conjunction with our product managers and Marketing Director
- Review events and provide feedback and recommendations into the marketing, sales and other departments
- Manage the exhibition equipment liaising with Service Department and logistics coordinator to ensure the equipment is fit for purpose and packed/unpacked appropriately before and after each event
- Manage equipment logistics including shipping, carnet production, returning equipment
- Compile, manage and review events budgets
- Work with other team members such as copywriter, designers to deliver email and social media marketing communications.
- Ensure event customer data is transferred to customer database
- Assist the webmaster to manage and update the public facing and password restricted websites regarding events
- Work across all departments to assist marketing activities and provide direct support to the Marketing Director
- To assist in the tracking and monitoring of marketing performance metrics, coordinate event debriefs, marketing research and financial data to inform the strategic marketing programme
- Support other members of the marketing team in areas such as social media, design, marketing collateral production, messaging, communications, copywriting, proofreading, market research and public relations.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Events Management or similar
- Background in marketing & project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Research, outline and draft copy for a wide variety of communications pieces
- Highly organised multi-tasker
- Efficient time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines
- Good IT Skills, Microsoft Office, including advanced Word and PowerPoint and Excel essential
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to liaise confidently, effectively and professionally with internal and external people at all levels and from different countries
- Desire to work within a highly collaborative team
- Organised, systematic and methodical
- Flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- Creative problem solver
- National and international travel is required
Please send your covering letter and CV outlining why you are suitable for the job via the apply button
Applications closing date is 30 May. Interviews 7 June 2017