(Salary dependent on qualifications and experience)
A premier Devon based accountancy practice are currently experiencing a period of growth and are looking to appoint a career-minded Tax Senior to their join their established Tax department in Plymouth.
This is a technical role that will involve the successful individual providing advisory and compliance services to their own varied portfolio of clients, including a range of high net worth individuals, Company Directors and trusts.
This opportunity is suitable for a qualified, or part-qualified Tax Senior, who is looking to continue their development in a supportive and rewarding environment. With genuine scope for career progression, you will quickly become an integral part of the firm.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate, private and personal tax clients
- Developing and maintaining relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding projects to clients.
- Dealing with the compliance of tax processing and preparation of high quality tax returns.
- Carrying out compliance work and working on ad-hoc advisory work
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries
- Performs a detailed review of the assistant's work to ensure quality, thoroughness and completion of assignment tasks within agreed time frames.
In order to be successful, applicants will need:
- To be ATT qualified or part-qualified CTA
- Previous experience of working in a tax focused role within a professional practice environment
- Strong client relationship management skills with an ability to deliver a high quality service
- Strong interpersonal skills as you will need to have the ability to communicate effectively with Partners and clients
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Ambitious and able to work well in a team