MVV Environment Devonport Ltd
Working hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Purpose of the Position:
Ensure compliance with statutory and legislative requirements, planning permissions and environmental permit conditions; specifically, adherence to all health and safety, environmental, quality control and work practice policies and procedures applicable to the EfW (CHP) Facility.
Package: Competitive Salary, pension and excellent benefits package
MVV Umwelt GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MVV Energie AG, has more than 40 years of experience in operating decentralised waste disposal and energy generation plants. Our Group now manages incineration capacity of about 1.5 million tonnes of household and commercial and industrial waste and waste timber a year and is therefore one of the market leaders in the generation of energy from waste. With its extensive expertise in generating energy from waste and its investment strength, our Group entered the UK market in 2008. MVV Environment Devonport Ltd is contracted to the South West Devon Waste Partnership to operate and maintain an Energy from Waste CHP Facility in Devonport, Plymouth.
- Manage compliance with Environmental Permit and Environment Agency reporting requirements; formulate Health and Safety procedures to ensure adherence to Health and Safety law and HSE guidance; manage aspects of planning conditions and provide evidence to the Client of contractual compliance
- Liaise with Health and Safety Executive, the Independent Certifier and other regulatory authorities as required
- Investigate and report all accidents and incidents and implement any subsequent procedural improvements
- Manage the MVV web-based reporting system RIVO
- Provide all the necessary Health and Safety procedures related to the daily operation and the maintenance of the plant
- Manage on a daily basis the schedule, delivery and reporting of the environmental monitoring programme
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures applicable to Environmental Management including; duty of care, waste management, water management, noise management, odour and pest control
- Degree in Environmental Science or Chemistry
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Knowledge and experience in the waste management industry
- Detailed knowledge of environmental permitting
- Familiar with OMA audits and with being audited by regulators
- Analytical ability, enthusiastic and a competent problem solver with a practical approach to solving engineering problems
- PC literate and capable of learning how to use new software systems
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities are required within the role.
Please send your application to Justine Wotton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1752 393150 for further information. The closing date for all applications is 17th May 2017