Chef de Partie
As a Chef De Partie you are responsible for supporting the Head Chef in a busy kitchen delivering consistent high quality food, handling purchase orders and ensuring that items arriving without authorisation are not received.
Chef de Partie Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for proper handling of all food products at right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge into menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Should be able to set example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feed back collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to restaurant service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
A high standard of spoken and written English.
Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
Able to work under pressure.
Excellent culinary catering talent.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 /year
- catering: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- Ability to get to PL12 6QS