Chef - Cutty Sark Restaurant / Marazion Hotel
The Cutty Sark / Marazion Hotel is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike situated in the centre of the coastal town of Marazion, home to St Michael's Mount.
We are looking for a full time Chef to assist our Head Chef in the kitchen and be part of a small friendly team. We have a pub, restaurant, eleven hotel rooms and a coffee lounge, so we are busy all year round.
Previous experience in a busy kitchen is essential. Shifts vary so flexibility is essential.
In this position you will:
- Undertake duties connected with assisting the head chef including the preparation, cooking and service of food.
- Be able to provide cover in the absence of the head chef.
- Liaise with the bar, restaurant and coffee lounge staff to ensure an efficient service is delivered.
- Follow all food hygiene regulations including recording and monitoring daily health and safety checks.
- Prepare food to a high standard.
- Unload deliveries from suppliers.
- Record stock that needs to be ordered.
- Place orders and organise stock.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be able to work in a tidy and organised manner.
- Be clean, tidy and presentable.
Full Time, Permanent Position.
45 hours per week including early starts and weekends.
Salary: £18-20,000 a year depending on experience.