Business Relationship Team Member
Business Relationship Team Member, The Engineering Development Trust (EDT)
Responsible for scheme activities and engagement in England with core responsibilities for the South West Region
Location: Role will be based in the Plymouth office within Plymouth Science Park.
Supervisory responsibilities and position in structure Responsible to: EDT Placements Business Relationship Manager
Overview of the EDT: Brief Summary of the EDT – www.etrust.org.uk
The EDT is an independent registered charity whose mission is to encourage young people to fulfil their potential through careers in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
The placements team is responsible for The Year in Industry scheme which manages student work placements with partner companies all over the UK.
Main function of job
To be part of a national team responsible for looking after Student work placements activity from existing customers specifying requirements for placements through to the placement student finishing their placement, and all activity in between.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact with assigned companies regarding student placements and requirements.
- Initiate initial discussions at the start of the placement cycle to gain forecasts.
- Carrying out suitable activity to identify suitable students from the national applications database
- Dealing with all administration relating to organising of interviews and all activity to ensure the student has a successful placement.
- Carry out student telephone interviews with new students as required in accordance with the EDT process.
- Maintain full records on the EDT CRM database in accordance with the processes specified.
- Retain business and identify additional placement opportunities within the assigned companies through relationship management.
- Be a full supportive member of the EDT Placements team nationally.
- To undertake other duties as required within the general scope and level of the post which may be amended as required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Liaise with Volunteer student Mentors and coordinate mentor activity.
- Student welfare: being able to offer advise and support relating to the application and placement processes.
- Reviewing and editing CVs & handling CV updates
- Database administration and ad hoc admin
- Supervision of administrative or temporary staff as required
Qualifications and education required Diploma in a relevant area (e.g. Business Studies, Administration Studies) or equivalent experience preferred.
A good general education (at least GCSE/’O’ level standard in a range of subjects including English and Mathematics)
- Evidence of previous administrative work
- Good experience and application of Microsoft Office programs (including Word and excel) and databases
- Experience of managing a personal workload
- Ideally some experience of customer relations / sales or recruitment
- Aptitude and skills required Must have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Must be able to demonstrate professional and personal initiative whilst working as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work without close day to day supervision
- Must be able to identify and solve, or suggest solution to problems
- Must be able to observe confidentiality
- Appropriate personality to act as an ambassador for the scheme
- Have a full driving licence
- A good sense of humour is essential
The post holder will be required to attend meetings and to travel off-site, possibly involving over-night stays, and will occasionally be required to work some weekends.
The successful appointment will be dependant upon clearance of an enhanced DBS.
THE ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT TRUST
Terms of Reference applicable to Business Relationship Administrator
Effectiveness measured by
Overall standard of work in delegated areas of responsibility and achievement of agreed objectives agreed with the responsible line manager
Dependent upon experience. Nationally negotiated awards apply. Salary increments are dependent on annual performance review.
Applications: Please send your covering letter and CV to: Mel Powell by clicking apply.
Application deadline: Friday 5th May 2017