Are you a fast learner who is able to retain information?Do you have strong numeracy skills?Are you self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative?Are you a team player?Are you a dynamic individual able to work in a busy front office environment?
Mayflower Marina in Plymouth is looking for a part employee to join their long-served staffing team.
The marina is open 24/7, 365 days a year and provides fully serviced pontoon berthing for contract and visiting boats. The marina also provides a number of ancillary services to support the needs of their customers.
In recent years Mayflower Marina has won local and national awards for customer service, and holds The Yacht Harbour Association’s highest 5 Gold Anchor
Award reflecting the standard of service and facilities offered at the Marina.
The role on offer is very diverse and can often be very busy, so applicants must have the ability to juggle tasks and prioritise. We are offering an average 20 hour week which, due to the nature of our business, includes some weekend working, as well as occasional holiday cover.
Please read the role requirements THOROUGHLY then follow the application instructions at the end of this advert.
- Handling cash, collecting payments, reconciliation of daily takings
- Reconciliation of fuel sales and takings
- Completion and reconciliation of spreadsheets
- Maintain systems for invoicing and customer record keeping
- Processing both sales and purchase ledger invoices
- Dealing with enquiries from clients
- Experience of having worked in an administration, accounts, reception, hospitality or similar role
- IT competent
- Good oral and written communicator
- Understanding of invoicing procedures
- Able to work under pressure and manage fluctuating workload
- Very good customer facing skills
- Accurate and conscientious
- Confident and approachable
- Team Player with a “can do” attitude
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Written Skills MUST be demonstrated in your hand written letter of application for you to be considered
- GCSE ‘C’ grade or equivalent in English and Maths
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Cash handling
- Data and invoice processing
- Experience of Sage
- First Aider
- Experience of Health and Safety Regulations
What’s in it for you?
Working for an award-winning marina in a very pleasant environment
Competitive salary once sufficient level of competency has been achieved*
126 hours holiday including Public Holidays
Private Medical Insurance (includes dental and optical cover)*
*Benefits are based on probation and length of service.
Please send your CV with a Hand Written letter of application, to include a paragraph specifying why you feel you are the most suitable candidate for this position to:
Angela Rhodes, Office Manager, Mayflower Marina, Richmond Walk, Plymouth PL1 4LS
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th May 2017.
Please note that Applications not made as per the instructions will not be considered.
All candidates invited for interview will be asked to undertake a short numeracy test.