Healthcare Assistant

Good Rates of Pay
11 Apr 2017
24 Apr 2017
Contract Type
Full Time

Healthcare Assistant (Band 2) – Bedded Unit

£14,671.24 - £17,985.23 (Band 2) per annum, plus shift enhancements.

Full-time, 150 hours over 4 weeks (average of 37.5 hours per week).

The hours are to be worked flexibly on a rota basis, Monday to Sunday, which will include a combination of the following shifts: Early shift 7.30am - 3.30pm; Late shift 1.30pm - 9.30pm; Night shift 9.00pm - 8.00am. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the hospice.

Last year we cared for 144 patients on our 7 Bedded Unit which is based in our beautiful grounds at Deer Park in Barnstaple.  90% of these patients had a cancer diagnosis and the remaining 10% were referred to us for other life-limiting conditions.  Our Bedded Unit receives referrals for a number of reasons including control of symptoms for pain or nausea/sickness, rehabilitation following treatment, or care in the last days of life.  Our specialist medical team provide round the clock care and support to our patients in the comfort of a welcoming and homely environment.

We are looking for an experienced Healthcare Assistant to join our multidisciplinary team on our Bedded Unit.  The role will involve delivering a range of care duties for our patients and maintaining sensitive, caring and tactful relationships with patients, families and carers.  Applicants will need to have an NVQ Level 2 in Care or equivalent, and experience of working in a healthcare environment.


Informal discussion welcomed, please contact Caroline Hales, Margaret Beck or Donna Dean on 01271 344248.

An enhanced level check with the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for this post.

Closing date for completed applications is noon on Monday 24th April 2017.

Interviews will be held on Wednesday 3rd May 2017.

To apply for this position please download an application pack by clicking apply.