Reporting To: Catering Manager/Assistant catering manager
The Lost Gardens of Heligan are looking to recruit a team of seasonal assistants to work within the busy and successful Catering Department.
These include the Heligan Tearoom and Stewards House, as well as multiple seasonal outlets such as rustic pit Barbeques, and the ice cream hut. Serving in excess of 2000 visitors a day in peak season this role requires dedicated and flexible people who strive to maintain high customer service at all times.
Roles are from now - October although there is the potential for a number to become permanent thereafter. There is also the possibility to be promoted to supervisor for the right individuals.
Part time and full times roles available with some ideally working around college or university.
There are several positions, including front of house service and back of house in the kitchen and pot wash.
Come and join our friendly team!
- Serving visitors from a number of outlets including coffee, hot food, ice creams and cakes
- Cash handling and till use.
- Clearing tables and helping in wash up when needed
- Opening and closing procedures such as clear down.
- Cleaning the food and beverage areas as required.
- Maintain and advance on the Heligan standards set by Manager
- Back of house roles within the kitchen and pot wash
Experience is not essential as full training will be given but the following are desirable skills:
- Barista training
- Previous experience in catering
- Good communication skills
- Pressurised fast working environments.
- Customer come's first - approach with a genuine love of service
- Friendly warm personality. A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexibility and a willingness to embrace change.
In return you will be rewarded with:
Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Free Parking
- Sociable hours with no shift work
- Generous pension
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies
- Free meals within the catering team.
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Please send us your CV by clicking apply.
Apply for Tearoom Assistants
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly